Q: I need to adjust my headlights.

I need to adjust my headlights but i cant figure out how to adjust them. I have a 2012 Mazda 6, and i can see where to put the Phillips screw driver but i will twist forever and not even see a difference. I don't know if i am twisting it he right direction, or if i can move it left and right as well. Right now it is pointed straight down and to the left.

There are two types of headlamps available on your car - Halogen and HID. If you have HID, they are auto-leveling. I’m going to assume you have halogen.

The only adjustment on your type of headlight is up and down. This is a fine tuning adjustment. There are separate high and low beam bulbs. The high beam bulb can only go in one way because of its design.

The low beam bulb has a tab on it to locate it. If the tab is not in the correct spot, or the bulb is not fully seated due to a bent or missing clip, the beam will not be focused or in the correct location.

So before you start tampering with the adjustment, verify the bulb is mounted correctly. These bulbs are accessed through the inner fender. If you need help making this adjustment, a certified technician can come to you to inspect and install your headlights on correctly.