Q: My Check Engine Light is on and my engine misfires

• Had the warning light checked. comes up misfire cylinder #2.
  • Runs fine when it's cold. runs the worst when it's warmed up.
  • Chevron gas treatment makes the problem go away.
  • it been like this for YEARS

my guesses - plugs - coil pack - fuel injector

A: Hello there. Many common faults could cause...

Hello there. Many common faults could cause your vehicle to have a cylinder #2 misfire. The most common faults are the spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil, fuel injector, a vacuum leak, or low compression in the #2 cylinder. Given that the gas treatment temporarily fixes the issue, it is likely that the fault is on the fuel system side. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your engine misfire and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.