Q: My Check Engine Light is on and my engine misfires

• Had the warning light checked. comes up misfire cylinder #2.
  • Runs fine when it's cold. runs the worst when it's warmed up.
  • Chevron gas treatment makes the problem go away.
  • it been like this for YEARS

my guesses - plugs - coil pack - fuel injector

Hello there. Many common faults could cause your vehicle to have a cylinder #2 misfire. The most common faults are the spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil, fuel injector, a vacuum leak, or low compression in the #2 cylinder. Given that the gas treatment temporarily fixes the issue, it is likely that the fault is on the fuel system side. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your engine misfire and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.

3. My Check Engine Light is on and my engine misfires