Q: What does the TPMS light mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the TPMS light mean?

The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) on your Accord does exactly what the name says – it monitors the air pressure in your tires. If the system detects a drop in pressure, it turns on the Low Tire Pressure light on the dash. However, this isn’t the same as the TPMS light.

If the TPMS light comes on in the dash, it’s a signal that there’s something wrong with the monitoring system itself, not necessarily a low tire. This can be caused by damaged sensors, as well as other problems.

• If this light is on in your dash, the system is no longer monitoring the pressure in your tires, either. It also means that the vehicle stability assist (VSA) system will turn on, even if you’ve manually turned it off.

Tip

The TPMS light and the Low Tire Pressure light may both come on if you have the spare tire on your car.