Will a 2002 ford mustang motor fit a 2005 mustang engine ...

Q: Will a 2002 ford mustang motor fit a 2005 mustang

asked by on February 06, 2017

Want to know if a 2002,ford mustang fit a 2005 mustang

If you want to swap the 2002 and 2005 4.0 engine then there should be same basic engine will be the same but you will have different external components that will need to be swapped out to match the car it is going in. The one thing to see is the older engine will not have the variable valve control on some 2003 engines. You will need to verify before replacement. If it does not have the variable valve control then the engines cannot be swapped.