Q: my speedometer and gas needle does not work on my 2003 mitsubishi outlander LS

asked by on March 06, 2017

my speedometer and gas needle does not work on my 2003 mitsubishi outlander LS

Speedometer is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The speedometer and the fuel gauge run independently of each other up until they connect to the instrument cluster at the back of your dashboard. If the other gauges were failing as well, you could resort to looking at the cluster or fuses for failure. However, since these are the only two effected, you will want to start looking for the issue at the connection to the instrument cluster, and trace the two circuits independently. The speedometer should route to the PCM, while the fuel gauge circuit should run back to the fuel pump module located in the fuel tank. To properly test for the power supply, you will want a test light or a voltmeter. Otherwise, you can inspect for any shorts, exposed wires, pinched wires, or loose connections. For more help resolving the issues, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.