Q: What do I do if the engine temperature gets too hot?

What do I do if the engine temperature gets too hot?

The engine temperature of your truck is important to keep an eye on. It is critical to safe vehicle operation and it is important to take the correct steps if overheating occurs. When the engine temperature gets too hot.

1. Pull over to a safe location.

2. Let the engine idle in Park until the temperature lowers to the halfway mark on the gauge.

3. If it does not lower, turn the engine off and allow to sit until completely cool.

4. Check the coolant level.

5. If the coolant level is safe, then continue driving and monitor temperature closely.

6. If the coolant level is low, add coolant to the proper line.

3. What do I do if the engine temperature gets too hot?