Q: How do you pair a cell phone with the HandsFreeLink system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you pair a cell phone with the HandsFreeLink system?

In order to make use of the convenience and enhance safety offered by the HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system in your car, you’ll need to first pair your phone. Thankfully, doing so is relatively straightforward. Here’s how to do it:

1. Make sure the ignition is on.

2. Press the phone button.

3. Turn the center knob to choose “yes.”

4. Press the button on the center knob.

5. The HFL system will automatically scan for a phone (make sure your phone is in pairing mode).

6. When you see your phone on the display, choose it by pressing the button on the center knob.

7. The system will provide you with a four-digit code.

8. Enter this code into your phone.

9. You should see a notification that your phone was successfully paired.

Tips

• Not all phones support pairing with the HFL system.

• Your phone must have Bluetooth to pair (but not all Bluetooth enabled phones support this function).

• Your phone needs to be within range. Have it with you in the car.

• You can pair up to six different phones.