Q: Speedometer is not working

asked by on February 21, 2016

The speedometer stopped working, the Engine Light is on, and D4 blinks.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The Check Engine Light on with the speedometer not working may be an indication of a failed VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Fault codes should be read out of the engine computer, and if there is a fault for the VSS, it will need to be replaced, as long as the wiring to the VSS is good. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the scan tool and training to diagnose the Check Engine Light illumination issue.