Q: Need to start my car after sitting for a year.

My car has sat for over a year. While it was in great working order before I parked it, I am not sure what needs to be done before I start it back up again.

A: The recommendations for putting the car bac...

The recommendations for putting the car back into service is to remove and replace the old fuel in the fuel tank. Replace the fuel filter. Charge and test the battery and replace if needed. Change the oil and filter after getting the vehicle started and running for a day or two. Clean the injectors if needed. I recommend to have a qualified mechanic check it out such as one from YourMechanic.