Q: No brakes when starting

When I go out to my Turbo in the morning there are not brakes!!! When I first start the car there aren’t any brakes! My brake pedal goes all the way to the floor when I step on it. After a minute the pressure builds up, and then I have brakes. Why is this happening? Is this normal for a Solstice? It sure doesn't seem right. Thanks.

A: Hey there, there are several possibilities ...

Hey there, there are several possibilities for this to occur on your 2008 Pontiac Solstice. In this case, it sounds like there could be moisture building up in the lines or a leak causing air to enter the hydraulic braking system. If you would like to have an expert check this out for you, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose your brake system and determine what should be done. You may be in need of a brake fluid flush if no leaks are present.

Recommended services
Get a Quote