Jerking while accelerating now it won't start had to get ...

Q: Jerking while accelerating now it won't start had to get tow home car felt as if it was rolling

asked by on October 22, 2017

My car feels like as of it is rolling it is jerkijng while accelerating now it won't start had to get a tow home

Based upon the symptoms you are describing, it sounds like you may have a faulty camshaft position sensor. The camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers and sends information about the car’s camshaft speed to the car’s electronic control module. This information is used by the computer to further calculate the time of ignition and the timing of fuel injection required by the engine. When this is not working properly, you may experience a drop in power, poor idling, poor fuel mileage and problems starting the vehicle. As the sensor begins to fail and gets worse over time as the signal it provides to the computer weakens. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your [camshaft position sensor](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/camshaft-position-sensor-replacement.