Q: Squeaking at lower speeds

Hi. While I'm driving at lower speeds, I get this squeaking sound sometimes. It comes from the area where the brakes or axles are located. This happens occasionally and randomly. The park brake was off. At times, the noise would be noticeable when I wasn't applying brakes. Is this normal? Thanks.

No, this is not a normal condition.

If the parking brake is out of adjustment or there is damaged parking brake hardware on one or both rear wheels, this type of noise can occur. If it is determined that the noise is coming from this area, the rear wheels would need to be removed and the rotors removed to inspect the parking brake assemblies. The parking brake adjustment should be within manufacturer specs; leaving the parking brake outside of specification can present a safety hazard.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and training to handle this type of adjustment if it is deemed necessary after an inspection of your squeaking noise issue.