Q: Can't find oil plug

I want to change the oil myself on my Audi. So I’ve been looking in my engine for quite sometime for a way to drain the oil. In fact I can’t seem to find a drain plug in it anywhere. Can you tell me how to drain the oil? I am really stumped. Thanks.

Hello. The drain plug for the oil should be underneath the truck in the oil pan of the engine. There may be a splash shield covering the oil pan. If there is, this will need to be removed to get to the drain plug off the engine.

It is also possible that the motor is “sealed,” which means there is no drain plug, in which case the oil will need to be pumped out with a special pump. Removing the oil filter may also require a specialized wrench.

If you are having trouble changing your oil, you may want to get assistance from a certified technician to make sure the task is done safely and correctly.