Q: An issue where my car is now misaligned, the car likes to sway side to side, when braking stops sway and almost aligns it back.

asked by on March 05, 2018

An issue where my car is now misaligned, the car likes to sway side to side as if it is fish tailing, when braking it stops the sway and almost aligns it back. I have checked the car for any loose arms, axles and coilovers, but cannot find anything wrong. I thought I just needed an alignment, I got an alignment but still have the issue.

Hi Link. Thanks for the question tonight. One thing you might want to check is your wheel bearings, as damaged or loose wheel bearings can cause a ’floating’ issue with the front end that tends to clear up when braking. It’s also common for damaged CV-joints to cause symptoms like you’ve described.