Q: Jeep starts fine but then won’t move. Only rev. Only happens when it sits overnight. I have a Jeep Wrangler, 112000 miles

Jeep starts fine, makes a clicking noise but only for a minute. I can back out of my garage but then when I get to a stop sign/ light down the street it won’t go anywhere. The engine just revs when I step on the pedal. It only happens after it’s been sitting overnight.

Hi Meagan. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when you can shift into reverse, but the car will not go forward in drive, then it’s caused by a damaged shift solenoid or internal transmission problems. An obstruction of debris inside the hydraulic lines or an inner seal failure can cause this problem. If you’re unable to drive your car to a transmission specialist in your city, then I would strongly recommend having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to complete an on-site inspection.

3. Jeep starts fine but then won’t move. Only rev. Only happens when it sits overnight. I have a Jeep Wrangler, 112000 miles