Q: What can cause your car not to catch gear?

My car not catching gear and it’s not accelerating when I press on the gas

Based on your description, the problem could be in the engine, the transmission or both. If transmission related, it could be as simple as a low level of transmission fluid or as complicated as an internal fault in the transmission such as a clutch pack failure or other mechanical/hydraulic related fault. If engine related, the issue could be anything from low compression (itself having many different causes) to a problem with the fuel and/or ignition systems. Your most efficient course is to request an engine loss of power diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the fault pinpointed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. What can cause your car not to catch gear?