Q: I'm kinda stuck- with a seized caliper pin, rear brake- 2008 Altima coupe. I already purchased the new pads and rotors- but don't

asked by on April 22, 2017

Help- I'm kinda stuck- with a seized caliper pin, rear brake- 2008 Altima coupe. I already purchased the new pads and rotors- but don't have the torch to unseize the pin. I read an option was to consider replacing the bracket ( 30bucks autozone)- but my boyfriend is already frustrated with what shoulda been an easy job. Anyway, what would you charge to do the labor asap, I'm staying at (cars) at the red roof rt1 trevose- so there's room to fix but limited tools- let me know- thanks Kim - text /cell 732-908-0575

Hi Kim: If the pin is stuck in the torque plate, due to corrosion, there is no need to remove the pin because the torque plate will not be re-usable. A new torque plate will be required and you will need new pins and rubber seals. In addition, if there was that much corrosion on the torque plate, the caliper is probably sticking as well and should be replaced; otherwise you run the risk of ruining the new pads and rotor. If you desire that a mechanic be dispatched to resolve this please use YourMechanic’s on-line brake caliper/torque plate service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.