Q: My key fob doesn't unlock my 2007 Pontiac Grand prix and my obd 2 reader won't connect.

Everything else on the key fob works. I can lock the car, remote start it, and even pop the trunk.. the unlock doesn't work though. If I fight with it enough it works sometimes. I tried connecting my obd2 reader to the car and it got to 96% then stopped and said there was a connection error...

As far as the malfunctioning key fob, it may be time for a new unit. The contacts may be worn out on the circuit board inside the device or the button may be worn and not making enough contact. You can try a new battery first, but you may need to replace the key fob and these need to be programmed to the vehicle with a tech 2. The program can be done at your local dealer. A blown accessory power fuse can cause a lack of power at the obd-II connector on the vehicle and cause a loss of communication fault between a scanner and the vehicle so this is where I would start first. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at the vehicle and offer a more personal diagnosis of your electrical system concerns.

3. My key fob doesn't unlock my 2007 Pontiac Grand prix and my obd 2 reader won't connect.