Q: I have a QX56 2012 with 75k-Check engine light went on and dealer informs me it's the catalytic converters

QX56 catalyn converter went bad at 70k !? - maintained by the dealer - what is the lifespan of these converters - could it be an oxygen sensor?

Hello. It is possible that the issue is the converters as I have seen them fail prematurely on many Nissan vehicles. Being that the vehicle is only about 4-5 years old and does not have many miles you should contact Nissan directly and tell them what is going on. Many times the emissions warranty will be longer than the factory warranty and you may get some assistance with the repair. If not then consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

• I have a QX56 2012 with 75k-Check engine light went on and dealer informs me it's the catalytic converters