Q: Abs+brake warning at engine start

asked by on October 24, 2017

Hello! I wonder what could be the problem if brake+abs warning lights come on when starting engine and then go off after few seconds? Also there is that noise while braking on a higher speed suddenly but no warning lights at that time. It feels like abs is kicking in for no reason. Thanks!

When you first start the vehicle the systems lights should come on and then go out. This is the system doing a self test. If there was a problem then one or both lights would stay on. As far as the feeling of ABS engaging when stopping at high speeds this can be caused by the brake rotors being warped and in need of replacement with new brake pads. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic road test and inspect the brakes for you to determine the rotors and brake pads need replaced.