Q: I don't know if I have two mufflers or one if I do have one what does the other one do ? Thank you.

I don't know if I have two mufflers or one if I do have one what does the other one do ? Thank you.

When you look under the back of the car and you see only one pipe out the back then you have only one muffler and a resonator. The resonator is near the back and is used for lowering the exhaust noise more and giving it a better tone. If you see two pipes out the back then you may have only one muffler but two resonators. Next time you have a service done, then ask the mechanic to see what you have since there are different models of Accords and they may have different exhaust configurations.

• I don't know if I have two mufflers or one if I do have one what does the other one do ? Thank you.