Q: I don't know if I have two mufflers or one if I do have one what does the other one do ? Thank you.

I don't know if I have two mufflers or one if I do have one what does the other one do ? Thank you.

A: When you look under the back of the car and...

When you look under the back of the car and you see only one pipe out the back then you have only one muffler and a resonator. The resonator is near the back and is used for lowering the exhaust noise more and giving it a better tone. If you see two pipes out the back then you may have only one muffler but two resonators. Next time you have a service done, then ask the mechanic to see what you have since there are different models of Accords and they may have different exhaust configurations.