Q: I think my daughters AWD is not working on her 2005 BMW X5. How much does something like that cost to fix?

She could not get up our driveway today, it is on a hill and was a little icy. Wondering if her AWD is not working and how much something like that is to repair? Also, on average, how much should I be spending on oil changes?

Hi there:

If your daughter’s BMW X5 has an illuminated ABS, Trac Control or AWD light on the dashboard, it’s likely that a problem exists with the AWD that is causing the traction issues on your slanted and icy driveway. However, in some cases, it can be tires with reduced traction; or simply put - the ice on the driveway is just too slippery to navigate. Driving technique and method can also reduce the ability to climb icy hills or slopes. You might want to have a mobile mechanic complete a traction control light inspection first; so they can download any stored error codes relayed to the ECU that would indicate which AWD or traction control systems are faulty.

3. I think my daughters AWD is not working on her 2005 BMW X5. How much does something like that cost to fix?