Q: Question

asked by on February 17, 2018

Hey, when to change Honda Odyssey brake fluid? I have 80k miles on it and I don't know of the last owner has changed it. Also when to change Honda Civic coolant? It has 43k miles. Thanks

For the 2010 Odyssey, there is no specified time/mileage interval at which the brake fluid should be changed. In this circumstance, where there is no maintenance interval specified, industry practice is to recommend changing the brake fluid every 3 years or 36,000 miles. You can request that service at YourMechanic’s brake system fluid service request page. With regard to the Civic, the advice as to engine coolant service intervals depends on the model year of the vehicle. More recent model years use an automated maintenance minder system and the coolant should be changed per the minder instructions as they appear in the vehicle information display. If your Civic is an earlier model that does not have an automated maintenance minder system, Honda’s advice is to change the coolant every 30,000 to 40,000 miles. That service can be obtained on a mobile basis from a YourMechanic professional if you request it via YourMechanic’s engine coolant service page link. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.