Q: Reversed jumper cables and car will not start and is not getting any power.

asked by on September 17, 2017

Reversed the jumper cables. Tried to start the vehicle before I noticed cables were reversed and now everything is dead. Should I check fuses?

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us. Hopefully the fuses and electrical relays have done their job and are blown, causing this issue. In many cases, crossing the battery cables during a jump start will damage the ECU. So, yes - please check all fuses and relays and replace them if they are damaged to see if this resolves your issue. If not, it’s likely a major electrical issue that will typically be resolved only by a Land Rover dealership or specialist.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr