Q: The door latch mechanism seems to be broken and will not allow the door to open. How do I open the door to replace it?

The drivers door is stuck closed. How do I open it to replace a broken latch mechanism? I have manually operated the lock mechanism with no joy. I need to get this door open to replace the latch mechanism. I have tried to remove the stud the mechanism latches on, no joy. Help please.

Hi! You can access the lock mechanism by removing the inner door panel. This should allow you to open the door. This may be difficult to do! If you are looking for some extra help, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to scope out the door problem and follow through with any needed repairs.

3. The door latch mechanism seems to be broken and will not allow the door to open. How do I open the door to replace it?