Q: What causes poor fuel usage, loss of power, rough idle, check engine light, and now a weird whistling noise? We have replaced the

Our car all of sudden started having acceleration issues, wouldn't go above 10 miles. The check engine light also came on. It also idles rough , has poor gas mileage, it also has been making a loud revving noise. We replaced the ignition coil pack, spark plugs, boots, crankshaft position sensor. After that the car would at least get up to normal speeds after revving up and shifting hard. We just replaced the ECM, the car went back to no acceleration. We also replaced the fuel filter. I don't know what to do at this point. The car is a 2005 saturn ion level 1.

Hi there. It is very possible that the ECU is the source of all of these issues. If you recently replaced the ECU, but it was not reset or programmed by a Saturn dealership, it’s likely the reason for all of these problems. Although ECU’s are sold to consumers, they typically need to be "flashed" or programmed at a dealership to ensure they are properly communicating with all sensors and electrically operated or monitored systems on your vehicle. However, it is also possible that other fuel system components like mass air flow sensor or the fuel injectors themselves are damaged or simply need to be cleaned.

3. What causes poor fuel usage, loss of power, rough idle, check engine light, and now a weird whistling noise? We have replaced the