Q: Engine sputtering and oil is leaking

im not sure what my cars problem is and no one could tell me but since i got the car it drove fine then like 4 times it was driving fine but when i stopped and turned it off and then tried to start it back up minutes later it wouldnt start then i left it for a hour and it started right up and drove with no problem then after the last time a few weeks later i been experiencing slow oil leaks during then i got my oil changed then about 3 days after i got my oil changed oil was still leaking only when the car was running not while turned off i didnt know it was still leaking then i was driving one day and it started like sputterinng when i pressed the gas i thought it was the belt then i was still driving to take it to a mechanic and then it like wouldnt let me accelerate when i pressed the gas n i was on a hill so i let it roll down and then it started to shake really bad so i just shut it off n it smoked white from under the hood what could be the problem?

Hello. My biggest concern would be the oil leak. I would need to locate the cause of the oil leak and also see how low the oil was when this issue occurred. If the engine oil was low enough, then it sounds like the engine may have failed from lack of lubrication.

The previous issue of the vehicle not starting could have been caused by an issue with the ignition switch or a key issue. I would not worry about that until I found out if the engine was fine.

The smoke also concerns me as I would need to see if that was also caused by the loss of engine oil. If you need to have this oil leak and smoke checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the oil leak and sputtering problem, and pinpoint needed repairs.

3. Engine sputtering and oil is leaking