Q: No issue prior. Left light on all night. Battery died so I jumped the car for 5 mins. Now I have to use digital cables to start engine every time.

No issue prior. Left my overhead light on inside the car allnite. battery died. jumpd by car for 5 mins. have to use personal set of digital cables to start engine everytime now or turn key and press gas to get engine to catch. Car still turns on. Should I charge battery differently or buy a battery ? :(

Hello, thanks for writing in. When you ran the battery all the way down you may have damaged the battery internally causing it to not be able to hold or take a charge and voltage is below 9.6 volts under load. If the battery will not hold a charge and is dead then the battery must be replaced and then the charging system tested for proper output. If you need assistance with the replacement of your battery, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to do so.

• No issue prior. Left light on all night. Battery died so I jumped the car for 5 mins. Now I have to use digital cables to start engine every time.