Q: Stalls without warning

My truck has 81,500 original miles on it. And for the past 2 and 1/2 years it stalls without warning. There is no hesitation, no occasional misfire, it only stalls. I thought maybe it had a bad fuel pump, so I replaced it. But that didn't do any good. My fuel pressure was good 60psi when starting the engine. It get this error code “DTAs” stored on the dash. My spark is working OK. Do you know what could be causing this?

A: I have never seen a DTA's message displ...

I have never seen a DTA's message displayed on the dashboard of any vehicle, so I'm not sure what you mean. To determine the problem, you need to "catch the vehicle in the act." Checking fuel pressure and spark when the vehicle is running well does no good. If the Check Engine Light is on, the first step is to retrieve any associated diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). These codes serve as a starting point for any further diagnostics. Another thing you might look at is technical service bulletin #SB00-01-S006. It points out that a faulty crankshaft position sensor is a typical problem for your vehicle. This issue has dozens of potential causes and could be difficult to solve. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your stalling problem and repair your vehicle for you.