Q: I have a engine code P1684 what does it mean? Thanks

I have a check engine light on my car P 1684 what does it mean and what should I do?

The fault code P1684 means that power to your powertrain control module (PCM) was interrupted. The most common cause of this is because of a weak battery. When the car is stated, the voltage drops low enough that it cuts power to the PCM for just a brief moment, which will set the fault. It can also be caused by a wiring issue to the PCM, or a bad connection in the battery cable. It may or may not cause issues with drivability. The fault should be thoroughly diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.