Q: All my dashboard lights come on and my car stops and won't let you continue until you shut it off and on again

asked by on April 03, 2017

out of nowhere my car dashboard lights just all come on and it will brake by itself and if i try to continue it won't let me. I have to shut it off for it to clear up and itll let me continue

Hello, thank you for writing in. The warning lights and loss of power that you are having are typically triggered by a major malfunction. The braking and unresponsive throttle are both safety features to keep the vehicle from putting you in a more dangerous situation. The problem causing all of this needs to be diagnosed, and the easiest way is to start by scanning the vehicle for diagnostic codes. This can be done by a technician or at most automotive parts stores. From there, we can focus in on what ever system is triggering the "limp mode". Corrective action can be taken from there. For more help with this process and with making the repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.