Q: How to get my front tire off? 2006 Toyota Corolla

I am trying to get my front tire off my car so i can change brake pads but tire wont come off looks like there is a big bolt in middle of tire that's holding the tire on how do i get that bolt off.

Hello - the big nut in the center of the wheel holds the hub and wheel onto the axle - don’t remove that! If the wheel doesn’t want to come off after removing the 3 or 4 small bolts or lug nuts which hold the wheel on, an extra step is needed. Sometime, corrosion or the oxidation of aluminum when next to steel (called galvanic or bimetallic corrosion), creates something similar to "glue" between the wheel and hub. When this occurs, it will be necessary to "whack" the side of the tire (bottom side is safest), rotate the tire, repeat this - with a 5-10 lb object, to break the corrosion loose, and loosen the wheel from the hub. Remember that the car is suspended at this point, and should be carefully blocked so it can’t roll in any direction while you’re performing this task. Use a tiny amount of "anti-seize" paste when re-assembling the wheel onto the hub to help prevent this problem in the future.