Q: 1998 - 2001 Ford Mustang Windshield Compatible?

I'm going to need to replace my 1998 V6 (coupe) windshield, thanks to a logging truck and a decent sized rock. I have a local auto wrecker who has a 2001 model with a perfect windshield.

Of course my question is, are the two windshields compatible. I know as a general rule, all most all '94 to '98 mustangs are interchangeable. But I haven't really found a definitive answer when it comes to windshields. I know that the 1994-2004 are considered part of the fourth generation Mustangs, so hopefully certain items remained compatible over the 10 year span. I'm crossing my fingers, because the auto wrecker's is a fantastically cheap.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Although it is still considered the same generation the ’98 Mustang is different than the ’99 and newer. It is unlikely that the windshield for the ’99 through 04 Mustang will fit your ’98 Mustang. Although they are considered the same generation the body style is considerably different between the ’98 and ’99 model years. I would recommend looking for a ’94 through ’97 body style windshield for your vehicle. Best of luck.

3. 1998 - 2001 Ford Mustang Windshield Compatible?