Q: My lights cut on, but can't start the car. It cut off when I was listening to the radio without the car being on. Is it the battery?

Afraid that I killed the battery by having the radio on without the car being started. Or could it be the starter? I tried to jump it off, but still won't start.

A: If the vehicle does not crank after running...

If the vehicle does not crank after running the battery down, this can cause the anti-theft system to engage and may need to have the system reprogrammed to work again. Look at the dash when you try to start the car to see if the theft light is on or flashing. If it is, then it is activated. Try to charge the battery up, then lock and close all doors for at least 30 to 45 minutes to see if the remote will deactivate the alarm and open the doors and the vehicle should start. If this does not work, then you will need to have a dealer reprogram the theft module with a dealer code. If the theft light is not on, then have a mechanic come and diagnose the starting circuit.