Q: Car loses power after several hours of driving

The car has gone close to 100,000 miles. When I drive for several hours, usually on the highway, the car would start losing power and I would barely be able to accelerate. The car makes the acceleration noise, but the increase in speed is minimal. It takes time to gather some speed even though I floor the gas pedal. The car would work fine when I pull over and let it sit for a while. During an oil change, the mechanic checked the battery and replaced it as it was bad. The fuel filter has also been changed. What could be causing the problem?

A: Hello there. This is not unusual with highe...

Hello there. This is not unusual with higher mileage vehicles. A few different faults can cause this issue, such as the fuel pump, alternator, low fuel pressure, plugs and coils, wiring fault or a battery. I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to diagnose the vehicle's loss of power and perform any repairs required.