Q: The power steering fluid leaks from my car very quickly.

I noticed that my car was hard to turn, so I tried putting more power steering fluid in. I could steer it much better for about 1 minute, but then it was back to nearly impossible. I tried this 2 times. Both times I had a trail of all the power steering fluid behind the car.

A large leak, such as that you are describing, will be easy to pinpoint. Causes of power steering leaks vary from the mundane (a simple failed return line hose; no big deal to fix) to the somewhat more complicated and worst case scenario which is a leaking rack and pinion unit, which requires removal and replacement. If you request a power steering leak diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the leak and let you know of the exact cost to repair. Regardless of the required repair, it can be performed in the field, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. The power steering fluid leaks from my car very quickly.