Q: The Traction Control Light is staying on and it won't go into overdrive

asked by on October 28, 2016

As soon as the vehicle is warmed up the traction control warning light comes on and it will no longer go into overdrive at all

Hello. The computer will keep the vehicle from going into overdrive and turn on the traction light if it detects a problem in the system. This can be caused by a steering sensor or a wheel speed sensor. It may also be caused by a failure in the computer itself.

I usually start by scanning the computer for codes. This will tell me why the computer is turning these warnings on and it will give me a place to start for the diagnosis. From that point, I can begin testing.

If you want to have this warning light checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue and follow through with repairs.