Q: no power to accessories

asked by on December 01, 2016

power locks, power mirrors, power windows, and dome light stopped working randomly after car being started

Hello. Thanks for writing in. The commonality between all of these systems is that they run through your door hinge. Due to this they also share common fuses and conduit. Start by looking into the fuse and fuse box. If the fuse is good, then one would have to resort to [tracing the available voltage]. This requires finding the source of power to these components and tracing it until you found where it stopped. Due to the driver’s side door getting used the most, it is of course more prone to wear and tear. The wire pathway through the hinge will look like a thick black hose. If there has been any damage in this area, then all components are subject to failure. Start by checking the fuses, and then start to dig into the driver control circuits more if necessary.