Q: Starting issue, fuel smell

In the last ten months or so, my car started having difficulty starting. Recently, I had it tuned up but it didn't solve the problem. The car would chug when I turn the key in the ignition, However, I have to apply the gas pedal in order for it to turn on. Then, I could smell the fuel quite a bit. What could be the issue?

A: The fuel pressure would need to be checked ...

The fuel pressure would need to be checked to make sure the pressure regulator is not leaking fuel and that the pressure is correct. You may have a leaking injector if the pressure is okay. I recommend having a certified technician diagnose the starting issue and fuel smell in person in order to have the correct repairs done.