Q: Traction control and abs lights on.

asked by on December 25, 2016

I recently had service done: 4 new tires, alignment, fuel system cleaning, brake lining inspection and battery cable cleaning. Just 8 days after this work was completed my abs light is on and my traction control light goes on. When I first start my car and proceed to pull out I intermittently get a grabbing of the brakes until I stop and go about 3-4 times. Then things seem ok except the abs light stays on. Do you have any idea what could be happening?

ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like quite possibly during the service of your car, the wheel sensors may have been inadvertently bumped or damaged causing them to read inaccurately, which causes the traction control and anti-lock braking system to be engaged. This is what causes the brakes to grab as you describe. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.