Q: oil leak at the all wheel drive transfer case

The transfer case needs to be dismantled and reassembled with a repair kit from Toyota - a standard process for this make, model and age which is described in a maintenance release from Toyota. Will a mobile mechanic be able to do this work, how long would it take, and what is the estimated cost?

Rebuilding a transfer case for your Toyota Sienna is a pretty lengthy process, especially if it has not been done previously. The labor time it takes to remove and install everything for the transfer case is around twelve and a half hours.

Once the transfer case is on the work bench, it takes about three and a half hours to rebuild. I personally would be up for the challenge if you are in my area and have a place to store the van for two days, however I would strongly recommend doing research on a quality transmission shop to assist you with this particular repair.

3. oil leak at the all wheel drive transfer case