Q: How much would an estimate be on fixing both inner and outer tie rod ends?

My Nissan Altima has a very loose stirring wheel and has trouble turning at times. I'm not sure if it's the tie rod ends on both sides. How much would an estimate be on changing both tie rod ends?

If you have already obtained a conclusive diagnostic and, on the basis of that, want to replace only the tie rod ends, you can obtain the written quote that you have requested, and schedule the repair to suit your needs, by visiting YourMechanic’s tie rod end replacement service page. Once on that page, please click on "Get a Quote" and enter your vehicle information (year, make, model).

Prior to replacing any part, it is best to fully understand why the failure is occurring and the full extent of the failure. Proceeding that way will save you needless expense, aggravation and surprises. For instance, if you have failing tie rod ends as well as perhaps a binding strut bearing, or a power steering fault (you mention difficulty steering), or a problem with the rack and pinion unit, changing the tie rods ends is really not going to fully resolve your issue. If you have not already obtained a thorough and professional diagnostic, the best thing to do is obtain that first and then once you have all information make a decision about how to proceed. If you want to go the diagnostic route first, please simply request a steering system inspection. The mechanic can then give you a complete account and you can act on the basis of that. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. How much would an estimate be on fixing both inner and outer tie rod ends?