Q: Electronic throttle control light is on

My electronic throttle control light is on. My truck is not starting.

A: Newer cars don't have a choke like the ...

Newer cars don't have a choke like the old cars did. The throttle body actually has a small gap that acts as the choke. If this gap gets clogged, and it does from time to time, the car wont start. If the sensor has gone bad and is reading that you are stepping on the throttle, it will cut off fuel. This happens to avoid flooding your car with fuel. Special equipment, like a scanner that can read codes has graphing capabilities, is sometimes necessary. A mechanic such as one from YourMechanic will have the appropriate tools to help diagnose the issue properly.