Q: My front end shakes when I accelerate at low and high speeds 2003 Pontiac Grand Prixh

asked by on March 03, 2017

My 2003 grand prix SE shakes when I'm accelerate at low and high speeds... I checked everything from the tires to the CV joint and everything in between

Car vibrates going uphill Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - from your symptom description, you have a worn out or damaged Constant Velocity joints on one or both front axles. These worn joints allows excess "wobble" of the axle, especially when under power, creating the vibration you notice. Possible worn engine and transmission mounts can also allow the engine to twist when accelerating, also causing axle misalignment. I recommend a front-end vibration inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.