Q: What does the engine start operation indicator mean?

What does the engine start operation indicator mean?

For owners of Altimas with push start systems and continuously variable transmissions, the vehicle information display can show a number of different messages. One is the engine start indicator. This is really nothing more than a notice that the car’s engine can be started. For this message to display, you’ll need the transmission in park, and the key set to any position (on, off, lock or accessory). Just push the start button and the engine should crank.

If you have a manual transmission, this message will also be displayed, but you will need to push the start button while also pushing the clutch and brake pedals.