Q: Car hardly shifting into gear

My car barely shifts into gear, if it shifts at all, especially reverse.

Hi there. Sounds to be that you’re having issues with the transmission internal components. Shift solenoids switch between the gears, if one or multiple solenoids are malfunctioning it will cause your vehicle to not shift into those specific gears. Also, your transmission has many gears in it that are shifted through with other little gears. If these gears are worn they will not grip the gear you are wanting to go into. Have a certified mechanic further inspect your shifting issue in person to determine what is causing your problem.