Q: Cylinder 2 injector control circuit Renault Scenic 2

The car has no power and it misses from time to time

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The code P0202 is what shows for a cylinder that has lost connectivity to an injector. Either the injector has failed or the injector wiring harness has an issue.

Check the cylinder 2 harness to the injector for a voltage. If there is no voltage, then check the harness at the split off on the main engine harness and see if there is any voltage. If there is voltage present, then the wiring harness is damaged and needs repaired or replaced. If there is still no voltage, then check for voltage at the ECM (engine control module). If there is voltage, then the engine management wiring harness is damaged and needs replaced. If there is no voltage, then the ECM has a burned circuit and the ECM needs replaced.

If when you checked the harness to the fuel injector and there was power, then remove the injector to cylinder 2 and switch it with another cylinder. If the other cylinder is now not working, then the injector has failed and needs replaced. If the problem is the same and cylinder 2 is still showing up with a fault with the injector switched, then the harness plug has a connection issue and the plug needs replaced.

For expert help with this, have a certified technician from YourMechanic inspect the loss of power firsthand so that this can be corrected properly.