Q: This keeps happening on and off when the light comes on and say power trans safe mode and. Then the car runs slow how do you fix it

asked by on October 04, 2016

Have had the car regularly serviced power trans button safe mode has app read how to fix that problem

Hello. Without further detail as to the specific make and model of your car, it may be difficult to diagnose. However, most cars have a "safe mode" or limp mode" that the transmission ECU will enable when either the transmission ECU or the main ECU detects a critical problem with the car. This is done to prevent further damage and to protect the safety of the passengers in the car. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the poor acceleration and proceed with the proper repairs.