Q: Security light coming on

asked by on February 02, 2016

When I try to start my car, the security light comes on, and my car won't crank. I took it to a mechanic who said it might be my body control module, so I might need to reprogram my keys. I had my steering column replaced three years ago and I received two new keys at that time.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

These vehicles have an anti-theft feature that makes it difficult, if not impossible to start the car without the proper key. While the mechanic is convinced that it is the body control module, which sounds likely, I would have the car accurately diagnosed by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to find the root cause of your no-start problem.