Q: Where is my coolant sensor

My temperature gauge went to the stopping point on the high end and the manual says to change the coolant sensor but I don't know where it is

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jeep Cherokee. The coolant temperature sensor for the gauge on your Cherokee should be on the back of the driver’s side cylinder head. If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the issue with your temperature gauge and help you replace the sensor as necessary.